23.6.09

at FmyLife.com, in a few sentences, users can tell everyone the shitty moment which ruined their day

French website VieDeMerde.fr (which translates as bad life), where the people are encouraged to wallow in self-pity, has become one of the top ten most visited sites in France since its launch in January 2008 by two young French entrepreneurs. A host of similar sites for losers are doing a roaring trade, including RaterSaVie.com (FailYourLife), which has become a hot topic in France ever since Jacques Séguéla, an advertising guru and close friend of President Nicolas Sarkozy, claimed last month that those who did not have a Rolex watch by the age of 50 had "failed" their life. Other spin-offs include Jaipasdechance.com (I've no luck) and jobdemerde.com (sh*tty job). In January the creators exported the concept to the US with a version called FmyLife.com (F*ck My Life) with incredible results.


"F*ck My Life" logo

Apparently going against the grain of the famous American "can do" optimism, a million people visit the US site every day to read about other people's hard-luck stories or recount their own, with the highest hits in New York and Los Angeles. In what has been dubbed "Twitter for losers", both VDM and FML, the American version, invite users to vent their misfortunes in a few words, the bleaker the better.

FMyLife serves as "a recollection of everyday anecdotes likely to happen to anyone." Posts on the site are short, user-submitted stories of unfortunate happenings that begin with "Today" and end with "FML," an acronym short for "F*ck my life."

an example of the post:

Today, I received my passport in the mail. They got my birthdate wrong. Then I picked up my birth certificate that I had sent in with the application. Turns out my parents have been celebrating my birthday on the wrong day for 16 years. FML

another example of the post:

Today, I had sex with this guy who I like very much. As he went to leave I decided to give him one last thrill. So I reached down his pants and started to rub and stroke him. He abruptly pulled my hand out, when I asked why, he points behind me, my mom watched the whole thing. FML

The slogan of the site is: "My life sucks but I don't give a f*ck".

As per Alexa the web rank of FML is 1024 in web traffic statistics.

The posts in FML are rated and there is a hall of Fame of all time F*cked up stories. Click here to read them.

FML founders have also published a book having a collection of all this.

Categories in the FML (click on any of these to visit subsequent FML posts):

1 comment:

Anneke Sergio said...

Dr. Imoloa has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you Dr.imoloa for bringing back happiness to my life again. thank you so much,friends join me to thank him for what he has actually done for me i pray to you all for a good life and good health, and most especially to you Dr. imoloa Thanks

I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctors, few months ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the cure of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr imoloa and she drop the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me. I am now here to testify that i am no longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com, you can still reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098
CANCER
EPILEPSY.
GENPILENCIN.
HIV AIDS.
DIABETICS
STROKE.
BREAST ENLARGEMENT...PENIS ENLARGEMENT, LUPUS DISEASE, BREAST CANCER, BONE CANCER, FEVER, DIARRHOEA, ARTHRITIS, DRY COUGH, MUSCLE ACHES, FATIGUE, H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS HERPES. SYPHILIS. HEPATITIS A B and C.